Kelowna Girls Trip - Tara's 30th!
Little bit about me. I am the middle child. Don't cue the pity music I enjoy being in the middle. My sister and brother are very outgoing, have big fun personalities, and are always the life of the party! I on the other hand am more likely to be the person watching, laughing, and taking plenty of photos!
My older sister Tara just turned 30. (2 years older than me). I also have a younger brother named Mike (4 years younger than me).
For Tara's 30th birthday she threw a big wine tour party weekend in Kelowna with 10+ of her closest girlfriends. My sister moved to Calgary 5 years ago and is loving life and running her own beauty business (shoutout: TOK beauty). My mom and I missed her and decided to fly out to Kelowna to join in on her birthday celebrations and here are a few highlights of the trip!
1. I have never been in first class on an airplane, this was my first time. Technically we were on a small WestJet flight since we flew direct from Toronto to Kelowna so what I experience was WestJet Plus. However compared to normal seats it was first class to me and I thought it was amazing! Extra leg room, middle seat unoccupied, free drinks, free food, front of the plane (key since I get motion sick). Needless to say it was amazing especially on a 5+ hour flight and I am now ruined for airline travel and don't want to go back haha.
2. We stayed at the Delta Hotels Grand Okanagan Resort and it was amazing! Stunning views of the waterfront. Our room overlooked the lake with amazing mountain and water scenes. The room do not have balconies which I found odd but our room did have a juliet balcony so we could open the double doors on both sides of the room and get a great breeze and experience all the sights and sounds. It was so peaceful and I was in awe (I always am when I look at mountains since I am from Ontario).
3. Wine Tour Day! I have never been on a wine tour. So odd since I went to Brock University located right beside Niagara on the Lake (Ontarios Wine Country). I have been to many wine festivals and have had my share of bottles of wine but never a tour. It was a very cool experience to view the vineyards and learn a little about the process and all the many different types, flavours, smells, tastes etc.
4. Dirty Laundry Vineyard was definitely my favourite stop. It was such a cool spot with lots of beautiful decoration and a unique story and decor. The patio is also amazing! We had a delicious lobster lunch here it was flown in that morning from Maine!
5. The second day we explored downtown Kelowna, swam by the pool, and had a fantastic dinner at Earls.
It was a quick 3 day weekend trip then back to Toronto we went. I had a great time and was so glad I got to celebrate my sister turning 30 and meet some of her Calgary group of friends that I always hear stories about.
All in all amazing weather, friendly people, and stunning views definitely made Kelowna a place I would love to return to!